Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Second Time's the Charm

Today I toured my second day care center and the experience was much better than the first. I could actually picture leaving our child here during the day and felt comfortable with the environment. I still have a few places to check out this week... at least I'm comfortable with one facility right now.

I also went to The Birth Boutique today - what a great store! Of course, they still didn't have the other stroller I wanted to look at, but they had so many other great products. I didn't buy anything (hurrah for me!) but I did sign us up for a cloth diapering class at the end of August. Oh, the center today didn't really love my cloth diaper idea, but the director was willing to have me bring one in to show her. I figure by the time Baby A is six months old and ready for day care, I'll be an expert and will make it look so easy that she'll have to say yes. ;)

My final stop today was Crib World. They carry the Bonavita Peyton classic crib which I really like.


Of course, I don't care for the dresser. I like the case pieces with the Hudson collection, but I don't like the crib. Soooo... I will continue to search. I have decided to stick with dark wood rather than white no matter the baby's gender, so at least I've made that decision. When I'm in Massachusetts in August I hope to visit Baby Furniture Warehouse to see even more options.

I found another meat substitute today, which helped satisfy those cravings. The Birth Boutique has a great natural grocery store around the corner with a deli - yum!

Breakfast - Cinnamon Chex with half a banana and organic low fat milk
Snack - Kashi granola bar
Lunch - Impostor BLT (tempeh, lettuce, and tomato on whole grain bread with low fat mayo); all natural salt and vinegar chips; organic white peach tea (30 mg caffeine - 300 allowed per day)
Snack - organic strawberries, blackberries, and grapes; half a banana
Dinner - spaghetti and all natural meatless meatballs; side salad with organic Romaine and grape tomatoes with light honey mustard dressing

No comments: