Thursday, July 1, 2010

Would my Portuguese family disown me if I got a cleaning lady?

I spent the entire day cleaning our house in preparation for a family visit this weekend. I don't mind cleaning so much, but I hate the harsh chemicals used in some cleaning products. I try to use natural products as much as possible, but haven't found ones that clean the bathroom to my standards. I might explore the cleaning lady option... even if it's just for the bathrooms.

This is my typical cleaning attire.

I also met with a family today for a tutoring job this summer. I'll be working with a little boy once or twice a week on his writing. I'm looking forward to it... it will give me a chance to keep my teaching skills sharp, but only for an hour or two. Beach times can still be scheduled in as well. :)

Today was a carb-tastic day for eating, but it helps me feel better, so I'm OK with it. Plus I worked hard cleaning! :)

Breakfast - one hard boiled egg; natural peanut butter on one slice of toast; slice of banana bread (homemade by yours truly!)
Snack - Jersey tomato; Terra chips
Lunch - organic tortilla chips with bean dip and guacamole; baked curly fries (totally random, I know)
Snack - Asian trail mix; organic iced tea (150mg of caffeine - half the amount they recommend for pregnancy)
Dinner - pizza (oh, how I'd missed you!)
Dessert - bowl of berries

No comments: