- How far along? 12 weeks
- Total weight gain/loss: +1 lb.
- Sleep: I've been getting up once a night just about every night... though I did manage to sleep from 10-5:30 last night. :)
- Best moment this week: Seeing my mom and dad!
- Movement: too soon
- Food cravings: The carb and meat cravings have subsided for the most part, but I've been all about sweet potato fries lately. I thought veggies were working again, but couldn't choke them down on Friday. The salads I've been making at home with my favorite dressing have been working well to get my veggies each day.
- Gender: too soon
- Labor Signs: waayyyy too soon ;)
- Belly Button in or out? in
- What I miss: frozen drinks (solved this with a virgin pina colada on Friday night)
- What I am looking forward to: Our NT screening test on Tuesday. John managed to get out of his work event early and his parents are coming too. :)
- Weekly Wisdom: We have plenty of time to set up the nursery. (This came from JA).
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.Breakfast - one organic egg on a sandwich thin with dijon mustard; organic grapes; OJ
Snack - Greek peach yogurt; pita chips and hummus
Lunch - one mozzarella stick; veggie burger with a side salad; one onion ring
Dinner - celery with peanut butter; bowl of organic strawberries, blueberries, and grapes