Monday, July 19, 2010

Eleven Weeks

It's been three weeks since we've seen Baby A in action and I'm very much looking forward to my next appointment next Tuesday. I'll be twelve weeks then, and just a week shy of that second trimester milestone! Very cool indeed...

Here's what's happening with our little one at eleven weeks:
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Hiccupps?? Who'd have thought that was already possible? I've also decided to start a weekly update here and will try to post belly pictures to accompany them. Here's the first:

  • How far along? 11 weeks, 1 day
  • Total weight gain/loss: 0 lbs.
  • Sleep: Because of the concert and being down the shore this weekend, I was a bit sleep-deprived. But I went back to sleep when we got home around 7 this morning until 10:30, so I'm feeling much more rested. I'm getting up once to use the bathroom about 3-4 times per week.
  • Best moment this week: I'm feeling better this week and I ate a salad with enjoyment!
  • Movement: too soon
  • Food cravings: I'm still interested in cheeseburgers and meatballs, but I haven't given in to any meat cravings (yet).
  • Gender: too soon
  • Labor Signs: waayyyy too soon ;)
  • Belly Button in or out? in
  • What I miss: iced lattes; iced tea
  • What I am looking forward to: Our NT screening test next week. Word on the street is that the ultrasound involves a bunch of measurements, so we get to see Baby A for a good 15-20 minutes!
  • Weekly Wisdom: Stay positive that everything is going well and baby is growing beautifully.
Breakfast - two eggs on a sandwich thin with spicy mustard
Snack - Kashi granola bar
Lunch - organic romaine, organic grape tomatoes, organic black beans, croutons, almonds, and honey mustard dressing
Snack - pita chips and organic hummus
Dinner - spaghetti and organic sauce with all natural vegetarian meatballs (not the real thing, but it hit the spot!)
Snack - frozen fruit juice bar

No comments: