Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bloat

On one of the message boards I visit I have the chance to talk with other moms-to-be who are also due in February. It's very cool because we are all in similar places in our pregnancies. A few weeks ago I noticed a lot of posts about "bloat". I didn't really know what they were talking about since I hadn't experienced this. Oh, how ignorance is bliss! I walked by a mirror today and caught a glimpse of my belly post-lunch. Holy cow! I looked about four months along, instead of two. I plan to take a belly pic today, and I'm not sure they'll be any "sucking it in" this time around. :)  Oh well... this is my body's way of slowing down digestion in order to get lots of nutrients for Baby A. I can live with that...

The food aversions are really kicking in lately. I am really only wanting carbs - bread, chips, potatoes, etc... I'm trying to eat some veggies, but they make me gag, so it's been a little tough. Fruits are still OK though, so I try to eat lots of those.

Breakfast - handful of almonds; egg and cheese on an english muffin; OJ
Snack - terra chips
Lunch - Amy's cheese enchilladas
Snack - french fries from John's combo meal; Vitamin Water
Dinner - veggie burger half a veggie burger; ear of corn
Dessert - fresh blueberries, raspberries, and cherries

No comments: