Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June is a great month!

One of my favorite of the year actually. In June I celebrate my birthday, my anniversary, and my parents' anniversary. Fun times! Of course, as a teacher, June is also the last month of school. While I am very much looking forward to the end of the school year, I am NOT looking forward to the craziness. The end of the year means tons of paper work, hot and sweaty days, and tired kiddos.  It seems like it always sneaks up on me, but I am ready for it this year! I have vowed to remain as stress-free as possible throughout this last month of school. Baby A needs a zen environment in which to grow. :)


Today was the first day I felt that "bloat" that everyone seems to talk about. Previously, my stomach always seemed to be rumbling for food. But after I ate breakfast, my stomach felt (and looked!) full for hours! I was hungry enough to eat lunch, but didn't eat too much. I feel better this afternoon, and look forward to dinner. I just hate that icky full feeling. But I've also promised myself that I won't be complaining about any symptoms. The only thing I want is a healthy pregnancy and a perfect little baby.

Here's today's munchie menu:

Breakfast - egg white on a whole grain bagel with ketchup; OJ
Lunch - romaine, cucumbers, and tomatoes with red kidney beans and honey mustard dressing; pineapple
Snack - Greek peach yogurt; carrots

I'm off to get my hair cut today - wahoo! See you after dinner...
___________

I'm baaaack, with a new haircut and two eyebrows. ;)  John made dinner tonight. It's OK... I'll pause for your gasp of surprise...

OK, so it was only pasta, but I was impressed he didn't just bust out the take out menus. When I got home from the salon it was so great not to have to cook because surprise, surprise I was hungry! Belly is now full, and I'm going to post the rest of what I plan to eat tonight.

Dinner - ziti with broccoli, snap peas, and soy protein strips
Snack - glass of chocolate soy milk (yum!)

No comments: