Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers

Today is John's unofficial first Father's Day! The baby got him some new pillows, in the hopes that he'll be getting lots of rest in preparation for all those sleepless nights ahead. We are both very fortunate to have wonderful fathers and I know that John will be joining their ranks. Baby A is going to have the best daddy and granddaddies in the world!


On the pregnancy side of things, the nausea is creeping up on me more and more. I can't really ride in the passenger seat anymore... I feel a lot better when I drive, but still feel a little sick. I am seven weeks today and morning sickness is supposed to be over by the end of your first trimester. That means just seven weeks left! :)

I also went to church today for the first time in a long time. It felt really good. I've been praying a lot lately and I felt like it would be a good thing. So off I went at 6:40 this morning. I stopped at DD, because there was obviously no way I was making through an hour without food. :)  I attended the 7 AM mass (no music!) and then stopped at the bakery. I was home by 8:15 and ready to start the day. Of course, getting up this early means (1) I'm going to eat breakfast twice, and (2) I'm going to need a nap.

Breakfast #1 - egg and cheese on an english muffin; OJ
Snack - Kashi protein/fiber bar
Breakfast #2 - egg and red pepper frittata; one blueberry pancake
Lunch - slice of American on a sandwich thin
Snack - stuffed grape leaf; pita chips and hummus
Dinner - toast with peanut butter; glass of chcolate soy milk

No comments: