Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oh my aching back!

Ugh... I threw out my back on Friday morning. I've done it twice before. The first time I was picking up a suitcase off the bed. The second time I was cleaning the shower. And on Friday, I bent down to pick up my lunch bag off the floor. As you can see, I engage in some pretty insane behavior in order to cause this injury. Man... getting old really stinks!

If I could get x-rays, this is what mine would look like.

First things first - let's catch up on the food journal. This is as accurate as I can remember because most of Friday was spent in a haze of intense back pain. I guess I should note here that the past two times I've done this I've been able to down these lovely little things called pain pills. Not so much this time...

Friday
Breakfast - egg and cheese on whole grain toast (had to peel the cheese off and toss it - just couldn't eat it!)
Snack - blue corn tortilla chips
Lunch - mixed veggies (broccoli, celery, carrots, string beans) and brown rice; wonton chips; Vitamin water
Dinner - toast with peanut butter

Saturday
Breakfast - Total cereal
Snack - Greek pomegranate yogurt
Lunch - half a bean burrito (whole wheat tortilla, brown rice, black beans, pico de gallo, cheese, and guacamole)
Snack - red grapes
Dinner - rest of my burrito

Sunday
Breakfast - Total cereal
Snack - Vitamin water; apple
Lunch - tortilla chips and guacamole
Dinner - spaghetti with broccoli, snap peas, and peas
Dessert - lemon Italian ice

No comments: