Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just Say No to Candy Bars

John and I went to a family wedding last night. The bride and groom made a donation to a charity as the favor and included assorted candy bars at each place setting. We got to the cocktail reception a little late and I didn't eat much there. So when I sat down to a table full of Hershey's, Kit Kat, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I thought I was in trouble! But amazingly, I managed to resist. I just kept thinking, "There is nothing in that package that is good for my baby." After I thought that, it was very easy to just say no. :)

Delicious, but certainly not nutritious.

Yesterday afternoon I spent the day at the pool... bliss! I usually zone out and fall asleep when I'm there, which I did. But this time, I also imagined myself next summer with a four-month-old. My mom tells me I was a beach baby, and I think we'll have one of those too. I just hope Baby A inherits my skin tone and not John's Irish pallor.

My food journal is a long one... I guess yesterday was a hungry day.

Breakfast - peanut butter on a sandwich thin; OJ
Snack - fruit and veggie smoothie (My father-in-law made this. Be amazed by the ingredients: broccoli, spinach, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, banana, kiwi, walnuts, flax seed, oatmeal, carrots, grape juice, yogurt)
Lunch - mac and soy cheese
Snack - walnuts and craisins (at the pool); apple and three crackers (two-hour car ride to the wedding)
Dinner - tomato and mozzarella salad, assorted veggies and beans (carrots, celery, peppers, zucchini, squash, asparagus), dinner roll
Dessert - two chocolate covered strawberries

I danced a little at the wedding, but by 10 I was beat and most definitely fell asleep in the car on the way home.

No comments: