Sunday, January 16, 2011

37 Weeks - 3 to go!

20 days left? How crazy is that?!?! Though let's be honest... I'm going to at least 41 weeks. ;) Here's what's new with Charles:
Your baby is now considered full term, even though your due date is still three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.
I was pretty bald at birth, but JA had great hair when he was born (still does!) and I'm curious as to what Charlie will have. I'm not sure if the mild heartburn I've experienced is from his hair or my short torso.
  • How far along? 37 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +28 pounds (Oh water weight... why must you torture me so??)
  • Sleep: My pledge to get enough sleep has paid off. I'm averaging 8 hours during the week and up to 10 on weekends, with one trip to the bathroom per night. Sa-weet!
  • Movement: Still feeling him move and roll around. He lets me know when we're hungry. ;)
  • Best moment this week: Relaxing at home this weekend has been bliss!
  • Food cravings: cheese and chocolate (still!)
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Yep, and I know I'll be set until delivery. I planned well, if I say so myself, and will be sure to do a maternity clothing round-up later next month.
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in; it's cute and little if you can believe it.
  • What I miss: sleeping on my back
  • What I am looking forward to: The glider should arrive tomorrow! John will need some help moving it upstairs but at least it will be here. Let's say a little prayer that it arrives in perfect condition!
  • Nursery Progress: I washed and put away more baby clothes and purchased the hamper. I also organized his toy basket. I still need to get that piece of plywood cut for under the crib mattress so we can install the Angelcare Monitor. Maybe I'll make it to Home Depot tomorrow and they can do it for me. Another item on the to-do list is to hang the signature frame from the baby showers. My mom has a meeting in CT on the 28th and plans to head down for the weekend. Yay! She's going to bring the fabrics down with her so we can set them up.
Books and toys - yay!!

I had to take a pic today in honor of my Pats, who at the moment, are losing terribly. :(  On the bright side, if they can't pull it off, I won't have to worry about Charlie's delivery coinciding with the Super Bowl. Silver lining, and all that...


In other preparation news, I assembled the basket of treats for the nurses. I hope it helps them be nice to me! I'm also meeting with the midwife at my OBs office tomorrow so I plan to review the final draft of my birth preferences with her, and then with my OB at the next appointment. They happen every week now, so I'm glad they are less than ten minutes away!

A little bribery never hurt, right? Inside I packed Sun Chips, Smart Food, Quaker Oatmeal Bites, Famous Amos cookies, Pepperidge Farm Milanos, Hershey's miniatures, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey's Kisses, Rolos, and LifeSavers.

Breakfast - bowl of Wheaties Fuel with organic, low fat milk
Snack - Greek peach yogurt
Lunch - handful of organic tortilla chips with shredded cheese; two slices of cheese pizza
Dinner - Amy's organic black bean soup; handful of carrots and grape tomatoes with chipotle ranch dressing

No comments: