Friday, January 21, 2011

More Snow

I'm home today, again, because of snow. While my district officially called a delay, I decided to take the whole day so I wouldn't have to navigate 38 weeks of belly bump through the snow and ice to school today. Last time we had a delay it took me twice as long to get to work and I was sliding a bit on the roads, so I didn't want to take any chances today. If Charles decides to make his appearance during a snow storm he is in big trouble!

With my unexpected time off I finished writing thank you notes (I have about 20 blank ones left from my batch of 150!), did a little bit of cleaning in the nursery and our bedroom, and gave myself a mini-manicure. I'm waiting for this supposed "nesting bug" to bite where I'll get the urge to empty the fridge, pantry, and kitchen cabinets to scrub them clean... but I'm not sure I have that gene, despite my Portuguese heritage. ;) As of right now, I'm just doing my normal cleaning routine, keeping up with laundry and dishes, vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms once a week... and I'm still waiting for that magic cleaning fairy to appear. Being home today has convinced me that I made the right decision to work up until my due date. There's no way I could do this for two weeks without a baby to care for... I would die of boredom. Even Molly and Maggie just sleep all day...

For the record, they do have their own beds. But sometimes they prefer to cuddle. They've been like this for hours!

Today in the nursery I worked on styling the shelf and determining where we'll place the monitors. I have to place an extension cord/surge protector behind the dresser for all the gadgets that need electricity: the lamp, fan, humidifier, AngelCare Monitor, and video monitor. High-tech baby alert! Sometimes I think we should all just go back in time and live when life was simpler... but I'd really miss the Internet. ;)

Breakfast - low sugar maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal; 100% cranberry/concord grape juice
Snack - whole grain toast with natural peanut butter
Lunch - slice of French bread pizza; baked fries
Snack - Greek strawberry yogurt
Dinner - handful of organic tortilla chips with cheese, beans, salsa, and sour cream; bowl of mixed veggies (broccoli, corn, zucchini, and peas)

No comments: