Tuesday, January 25, 2011

38 week appointment

Today I met with the midwife for my 38-week appointment. Weight, BP, and protein all checked out and baby is definitely head down. All great news! I also asked Tina what I should be doing as we gear up for labor and delivery. Her best advice is to come home from work and take a nap. Love it! In her experience, many people go into labor at night and having a nap after school will make sure that I'm that much more rested. I will be following midwife's orders every day!! ;)

Speaking of school, I am definitely feeling like I'm ready to be done. My sub starts next Tuesday and we're set to work side by side through next Friday, my last day. Will I be able to make it? Of course. But the afternoons are certainly more of a let's-sit-down-and-rest time for me. The massage I have scheduled for tomorrow night cannot come fast enough! I'll have just enough time to come home from school, take a quick nap, and then get the massage. I'm also continuing to work out (just my very easy walking workout videos) and I actually feel better when I do them then when I don't. Plus, the walking is supposed to help with labor. It's a win-win!

Breakfast - low-sugar instant oatmeal; decaf tea with honey
Snack - raisin English muffin with natural peanut butter
Lunch - Amy's organic low-sodium tomato soup; pretzel sticks; Fiber One toaster pastry; one homemade brownie bite
Dinner - half a baked potato with cheese; Kashi black bean enchilada
Dessert - homemade fudge brownie

No comments: