Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.Charlie is waiting to greet us?? I don't know... he seems pretty comfortable in there!
- How far along? 39 weeks
- Total weight gain: +28 pounds
- Sleep: JA, Molly, Maggie and I slept past 10 this morning - again!
- Movement: Still feeling him move and roll around, though I do suspect he's running out of room. I also felt some more movement down low, which is where I'm hoping he's beginning to move.
- Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery with my mom!
- Food cravings: nothing really... still loving pizza and fries, but trying to eat veggies instead :)
- Gender: It's a boy!
- Maternity Clothes: Yep, and I'm counting the days until they get packed away! My mom even ironed all my "regular" clothes that had been in the basement for months, giving herself a blister in the process. She is dedicated!
- Belly Button in or out? Still in... though pretty shallow at this point
- What I miss: sleeping on my back
- What I am looking forward to: My maternity leave replacement starts on Tuesday and will shadow me all week. Friday is my last day!
- Nursery Progress: It's finished!! (Well, technically I still need to hang the signature matte from the showers, but I'm waiting to put an "outside" photo of him in the frame. :) Here are a few more detail shots of Charles' room:
Lunch - Amy's organic veggie burrito
Snack - my first trip to Sonic! - small fry and a small cherry limeade
Dinner - out with JA and my in-laws