Sunday, January 23, 2011

38 weeks - 2 to go!

I officially have 10 days of work left (assuming I make it that long, which I definitely think I will.) Eek! I feel confident that we're as ready for baby as we can be, but I am realizing that I have 21 other "babies" that I am responsible for and I'm nervous for them! I love my sub and I think she'll do a great job... but if I went early, I think there would be some moments of panic since we haven't really planned out the rest of the year. We are meeting a week from today... so Charlie needs to stay put until then. :)  Plus, we're getting more snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, and he also needs to avoid those days. I hope he's reading this...

Here's what's new with Baby A this week:
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.

A few comments about this weekly update: 1. I'm pretty sure Charles weighs more than 6.8 pounds at this point, and 2. I'll be shocked if his eyes are anything but brown... though I guess there's a chance they could be green or hazel (JA's grandpa had green eyes and his dad had blue eyes). We shall see soon enough... :)
  • How far along? 38 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +27 pounds (down one pound from last week)
  • Sleep: Molly, Maggie and I sept past 10 this morning - bliss!
  • Movement: Still feeling him move and roll around, though I do suspect he's running out of room.
  • Best moment this week: Celebrating Charlie's impending arrival with friends at school and last night at a dinner party. People love to buy this boy gifts!
  • Food cravings: nothing really
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Yep, though ironically, nothing I'm wearing right now is - yoga pants and tops are super stretchy!
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in; there's no way it will pop at this point, right?
  • What I miss: sleeping on my back
  • What I am looking forward to: More snow on Tuesday and Wednesday - just kidding! Even I'm getting sick of it, and I love snow.
  • Nursery Progress: JA went to Home Depot to have the wood cut today so we put that under the crib. I'll wait to get the crib skirt on Friday before installing the Angelcare Monitor. I also did another load(!) of baby laundry consisting of clothes and blankets from this week's showers. And I finished the baby book! It took me most of the weekend, but I love how it turned out. Here's a sneak peek:









Saturday
Breakfast - Cap'n Crunch with organic, low fat milk
Lunch - Amy's organic veggie burrito; whole grain brown rice with broccoli, zucchini, peas, and corn
Snack - assorted crackers, cheese, and dip
Dinner - egglant rigatoni; butternut squash; piece of Italian bread with butter
Dessert - Giada's mocha semifreddo; one homemade brownie bite

Sunday
Breakfast - two scrambled eggs with one slice of American cheese on whole grain toast with organic katchup; cranberry juice
Snack - organic granola bar
Lunch - piece of French bread pizza
Snack - Greek blueberry yogurt
Dinner - elbow macaroni in a marinara sauce with broccoli and peas
Dessert - two homemade brownie bites with low fat chocolate soy milk

No comments: