Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bags are Packed!

Well, mine and Charlie's are anyway... I'm not sure JA will pack ahead of time, but I think he's capable of putting his overnight things in a bag. :)  Somehow, I managed to fit all of this:


into this:


Nice, right? I also took advantage of my snow day today and finished shopping for snacks for us and the nurses. The only things left to bring with me will be my glasses, cell phone, and charger. I'm still convinced I won't be going anywhere until after my due date though, and this was confirmed at my 36-week appointment today. Baby is doing well, my BP was 100/60, and my weight gain is good (though this water weight is not so fun!) I also learned that my cervix is high and closed, which for the non-pregnant audience, means Charles is quite comfy and not moving down anytime soon. :)  Fine by me, since he should cook for a few weeks more anyway.

A recent debate on thebump.com lately has been newborn vs. size 0-3 month clothing. After reading various responses, I decided to pack two potential coming-home outfits for Charles. This one is a newborn size:


This one is size 0-3 months:


And this one in case I feel like dressing him up to match me in my nursing pajamas. :)


We also have this personalized blanket, two cloth diapers, a few onesies and socks, and the fleece suit for -the trip home (though we might just use a blanket and the shower-cap style Bundle Me over him instead). I think he should be all set!




Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean Crunch with organic, low fat milk
Snack - homemade mixed berry cobbler (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, oats, and cinnamon)
Lunch - two slices of American on a plain bagel with organic lettuce and spicy mustard; fruit salad (melon, canteloupe, strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple)
Snack - one package of peanut butter crackers
Dinner - Star Tavern with our friends Meg and Pat! - one mozzarella stick; garden salad with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and honey mustard; two pieces of cheese and two pieces of white (they are very thin crust) ;)

1 comment:

Jennylou's Projects said...

Love the 0-3 month outfit!

You know snowsuits shouldn't be worn in carseats, right?